Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Special songs sang in church


Do you have a favorite song you like to sing when you are asked to sing a special in church? What about that special person who sing like "Heaven", do you like the songs they pick?

Here are two wonderful song I came across this afternoon that would make a perfect solos. I plan on getting the sound trax and singing them when next asked (which is not very often). They are beautiful.

Do they see Jesus in me? -Joy Williams
Verse 1
Is the face that I see in the mirror
the one I want others to see
Do I show in the way that I walk in my life
The love that You've given to me
My heart's desire is to be like You
In all that I do, all I am

Chorus
Do they see Jesus In Me
Do they recognize Your face
Do I communicate Your love, and Your grace
Do I reflect who You are
In the way I choose to be
Do they see Jesus In Me

Verse 2
It's amazing that you'd ever use me
But use me the way You will
Help me to hold out a heart of
compassionate grace
A heart that You're spirit fills
May I show forgiveness and mercy
The same way You've shown it to me

Bridge"
Now I want to show all the world who You are
The reason I live and breathe
So You'll be the One that they see
When they see me


and

Written in Red- Not sure who it is by

Verse 1
In letters of crimson God wrote
His love on a hillside so long
long ago. For you and for me
Jesus died. Love's greatest
story was told.

Chorus
I love you.
I love you.
That's what Calvary said.
I love you.
I love you.
I love you written in red.

Verse 2
Down through the ages God
wrote His love with the same
hands that suffered and bled.
Giving all that He had to give
The message so easily read:

Chorus

Medley Bride:
Oh precious is the flow that makes
me white as snow. No other fount
I know. Nothing but the blood
the blood of Jesus.

Chorus

Do they see Jesus in me is on my blog, so listen for it.

Let me know what you think of the songs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Angela, it's Liz! I remember this song we used to sing a very looong time ago, but I don't know who sings it or the title.
It goes like this:
Wash me with your blood
Hold me in your arms of love
Wipe away the tears from my eyes
Make me more like thee
Until your face I see
Hold me in the
Shadow of your love

Joel and Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Coupons for sale can be found above

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails