Thursday, April 1, 2010

Our ever growing pimiento-Week 18


So we only have 11 more days until our Anatomy scan. SOOOOOO Excited!....Did I tell you I was excited? So for those of you who do not know what an Anatomy scan is, here is a brief description (as quoted from whattoexpect.com):

"Your baby will be measured from crown to rump (and what a cute rump it is!), around her middle, around her head — and that's just for starters. The four chambers of the heart will be viewed, as well as the kidneys, bladder, stomach, brain, spine, and sex organs. Measurements are taken to make sure your baby is growing appropriately (and that his or her gestational age is still on target). A survey of the organs, including the umbilical cord, ensures that they are developing normally (or identifies any potential problems as soon as possible). The sonographer will also be looking at your amniotic fluid levels, the location of the placenta, and the fetal heart rate."

Basically it is a scan that is given midway through pregnancy to make sure the baby is healthy, and growing appropriately. They also check for cleft lip, and things of that nature. Usually the scan is given between 18 and 20 weeks. On the 12th we will be 19.4 (or just a few days short of 5 months) weeks along.

As of right now we are 4 1/2 months along. Time is flying. The baby is moving around a lot. Mostly at night right as I am settling in for bed.

What's new this week?

How far along: 18.0 Weeks

Maternity clothes: Still in my regular clothes. :(

Total weight gain: 9.5 pounds (I would weigh myself with our scale, but I think it's wrong, so I'll just keept the Dr. weight)

Belly Button: Still an innie.

Best moment this week: Feeling really good, and being paid such a lovely compliment by my Pastor. He told me (well he told the whole church actually) that "motherhood" suits me. Also, feeling the baby move around.

Food cravings: None in particular

Food aversions: None in particular.

Gender: Not known yet, but I'm thinking it's a boy! Check out our video, and tell me what you think.

Crazy Dreams: Had a dream that the baby was miscarried, and did not make it. I was very disturbed, but I know that it was just that....a dream. It wasn't real!

What I miss: Sleeping properly. It seems I can not find a comfortable place to sleep. It just might be our bed though.

What I am looking forward to: Finding out the gender.

Milestones: Baby is moving almost daily, and about 6 inches in length.


Baby's now the size of a Bell Pepper!
Baby's become amazingly mobile (compared to you, at least), passing the hours yawning, hiccupping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking, and swallowing. And baby is finally big enough that you'll soon be able to feel her movements.

No comments:

Coupons for sale can be found above

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails