Friday, October 29, 2010

5 years and still in love...

This picture was taken July 4, 2004


Does it ever get old? Or can you still be in love with someone after being married for 5 years? Because I don't want to ever stop loving you.

The clock was ticking down. She told him "two weeks"....two weeks to propose that is. As each day passed, she would remind him of his time limit he had left. But she knew in her heart that even if the time limit had expired, she still loved him and she wanted to spend the rest of her life with him. She would wait until he was ready, no matter how long it took.
He was the "one" for her.
Yes.
...She would wait.


My short story is a true story. It started out as joke with Joel. After a year of dating, I had decided to help Joel move things along. He was slow when it came to girls. I mean it took him 2 years just to ask for my number. I was not going to be an old maid any longer than I had to! It's funny now that I think about it. It's even funnier because I did not like Joel at all (until about a month into talking to with him did I really entertain the idea of liking him.) I thought he was "butt ugly" as someone reminded me not too long ago. But marrying Joel was the best thing I ever did. I had a lot of emotional hang ups, and his patience and love for me (though I was emotionally damaged) helped me to be a better person. He helped break down walls I was so afraid of letting crumble.

And so today Joel, I want to tell the world how much I really do love you. Marriage is not always easy, but who ever said it would be. We are two different people. We're bound to disagree on a few things. But through it all, you're still my knight in shining armor. You still make my heart melt. I love you so much. I couldn't have asked for a better husband; a better teammate; a better partner to dance with in this "dance" that we call life!

I love you with my whole heart!

Always and forever,
Angela



Our Wedding day: October 29, 2005




No comments:

Coupons for sale can be found above

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails