Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Shaving money off the grocery bill...



So about a week ago I came to the realization that our grocery budget is just getting WAY out of hand. I mean $100.00 for two adults and one breastfed baby should be enough for two weeks right? Well...I keep going over budget, and so I started doing some research and looking at how people save money by couponing. I happened upon two websites that have helped me here and here. Talk about pointing me in the right direction.

I have always shopped sales and stocked up when something was on sale that I use. I can't tell you when the last time I bought face wash (maybe like two years ago because I stockpiled).

So yesterday as I was perusing cuckoo, she mentioned a deal on huggies. Since I am trying to stock up on diapers when they are on sale (to help keep my grocery cost down) I decided to swoop up on this deal.

Here is the deal I got:

I bought two packs of Huggies pure and natural diapers at $8.99/ea and two Colgate toothpastes at $3.69 and $2.79, but they were buy one get one free, so I only had to pay for one. NOW, here is how I made a killer deal.

I used store coupons and manufacture coupons to shave $13.00 off my total. I combined Rite Aid's $4.00 off (a $20.00 purchase), with two Huggies *MC $3.00 off/ea, a Rite Aid **SC for Colgate for $1.00 off, AND a Rite Aid **SC for $2.00 off Huggies.

That made my out of pocket expense of $10.39....BUT it doesn't end there. The Huggies had a +UP reward of $2.00 each. +UP rewards are like a gift certificate to the store, so yes I did pay for it, in actuality they gave me some money back and its like I paid $6.39 for all my items.

Killer deal if you ask me. What would have made it even sweeter is if I also had a *MC from Colgate. that would have dropped the price of the toothpaste I bought from $2.69 (because I had $1.00 off already) to I dunno probably $1.69, depending on the value of the coupon.* Manufacturer's Coupon**Store Coupon

I think I'm gonna like this couponing thing! It sounds confusing at first, but once you get the hang of how to stack coupons...it's so worth the time you spend clipping them.

Until next post,

No comments:

Coupons for sale can be found above

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails