Friday, June 17, 2011

Don't eat the wedding cake!

It's funny how with every bride style and colors can differ greatly, but there's one thing MOST brides have in common; a wedding cake.

It's a running joke our Pastor tells every bride. He says that the only thing in common with the brides is a cake and that if you eat the cake you and your espoused will no longer hug, kiss, and the fights begin. So he tells them it must be the cake, and don't eat it.

I have shared before that I love baking, but boy do I hate cleanup. It's funny that when I make a dessert (or meal) that I look forward to the "oohs" and "aahs" that people give. Confession time: It's the one area that I have to have praise in in order to feel self worth.

So this weekend my Mom is getting married, and she asked if I would make her wedding cake. Of course I told her YES!.....but I get sooooo nervous when it comes time to put it together. I am such a perfectionist (can you say OCD?), that it bugs me so bad when it doesn't come out how I had envisioned it. So I am hoping that this one comes out nice because this is for my Mom, and my family will be seeing my work.

Here is a sneak peek at what I had envisioned it to look like.


But enough talk about cake, I'm beat and headed for bed. I'll post a picture of the final product. Don't forget to comment on it. I love to hear peoples comments. It helps me to become a better cake decorator. :D

Until next post,

No comments:

Coupons for sale can be found above

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails