Thursday, June 2, 2011

The wife of a Youth Minister

To some, it's a thankless job that requires lots of time and devotion. To others, it's a burden that consists of time and devotion. To say it's an easy job is far from the truth. It's emotional, trying, (thankless), burdensome, and it takes a lot of encouragement, but when the day ends it's more gratifying than you can imagine.

My name is Angela, and I'm the wife of a Youth Minister. What does the wife of a Youth Minister do you ask? Well that's easy! Nothing right? Nope! Sorry! That's wrong.

For one, I help plan activities to keep young people busy, but it's more than that...I'm a help-meet. I'm a support group. I'm a sounding board. I'm whatever my husband needs & I share his burden. That burden is to see young people saved. To encourage and uplift, and yes, to help guide and direct young people to make righteous decisions.

It's not always easy to deal with teenagers (can you say attitude?) or their parents, but I love every minute of it. I love the fact that I can make a difference; make an impact; and maybe, just maybe be a mentor to them. It takes a lot of prayer (that most times no one sees), and sometimes it seems like your prayers are in vain, and that you're never going to reach them.

And though I strive for perfection, I'm far from it. So when I see a young person make decisions that will lead them in the wrong way, I try to encourage them to get back on the right path, but it doesn't always work. So when they fall, I take it personally. I hurt...I hurt a lot, and oftentimes, I question myself.

Was I too harsh? Did I do enough? Could I have done more?

You see because when young people start making bad decisions, the don't just hurt themselves...they hurt me too. Because I have a burden for them....and when they leave for good; I grieve. I grieve as if they died. Then usually the cycle will repeat itself; I question myself, and then I grieve again. Wondering all the time if I was there enough for them.

Because of my burden, I grieve.

So just remember young person, that when the time comes for you to make some tough life decisions, just know that I will grieve, and will always be praying for you because of my burden.





No comments:

Coupons for sale can be found above

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails