Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A new job for Angela...


Most might have heard that I had decided to pursue a different career path. I put my notice in on June 11th, and was hoping to have a job by the time my last day came along (July 9th), but as God would have it, I have not found another position.

I have two interviews next week (July 29th at 11:20 a.m., and July 31st at 3:00 p.m.) for an Office Manager position , and an Attendance Technician position with the San Lorenzo Unified School District. The Attendance Tech job is just a waiting list for the position, but the Office Manager has an opening at Washington Manor Middle School. I have taken my (BY FAITH)letter of acceptance (basically, the letter that says I passed the test and have an interview) with me to the altar of prayer, and well, actually everywhere I go.

The funny thing....I have over 50 applications that I have sent out, and these are the only two that I have interviews with. I know God has the timing all down and everything, but I guess I was hoping that my application would scream "HIRE HER!!!!"...but God knows where He wants me.

Anyways if you could remember me and say a prayer that God would give me favor, because I am terrified of the interview part. I have never really had a formal interview, so this will be my first, and I haven't the slightest idea on what to say.

I'll keep you posted on the outcome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interviews are always stressful but it seems you have the necessary job skills so the rest is mostly about personality and fit. I'm sure Joel has lots of advice from the management side of interviewing people!

Have a few questions to ask them to show your interest and that you researched that specific position or company. Sometimes at the end they'll say, "so do you have any questions for me?"

Whatever you are passionate about should come out during the interview. If they don't ask you directly about the thing that you like best about your work, then you'll surely have an opportunity to work it in. Interviewers love it when the candidate gets enthusiastic about a certain topic.

Monica Hassas said...

You will be just fine. I will remember to say a prayer for you.

Coupons for sale can be found above

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails