Thursday, February 18, 2010

12 Weeks today




Yesterday we had our second ultrasound. We were so excited. Baby Willoughby was moving around like crazy. To be honest, I think I felt the baby move for the first time Tuesday night. It felt like when you get a twitch in your eye. It wasn't very much, and I think if I had not been in that half conscious/sorta sleeping state, I might not have felt it. I know they say that it's too early, but we'll see. ;)

So it looks as if the baby is measuring a week ahead of schedule (12w and 2d...instead of 11w and 3d), and so the Dr. said that we should just go by the original due date of September 2, 2010....which would make us exactly 12 weeks today.

So our new due date will be September 2, 2010. I can't say how excited we are. It's been such an emotional journey for me to get to this milestone. With miscarriage on my mind constantly, it was very hard for me to really embrace the fact that we might become parents soon.

Bro. Rodney Rushing just preached a message on Sunday (Feb 14, 2010) about faith, and how Abraham was considered to have great faith even though he laughed at God when God told him that he was going to have a son. Bro Rushing even went on to say that yes, that was doubt, and that he tried to reason with God that the promise would come from his other son.....but God mentioned in Romans 4 (I think that was the scripture he used) that Abraham had Great faith. Bro Rushing also said that even though there was doubt, Abraham never acted out on that doubt, and that it's okay for us to have doubt, but not to act out on it.

I felt like God had given me peace about this pregnancy from that message...and that even though I think that my pregnancy might end in miscarriage, that as long as I did not act out on that doubt, I could still have faith.

I am so grateful for God taking the time to reassure my mind, and that even though I had doubt, everything turned out alright. Our baby was alive with a heartbeat, and moving up a storm. That we reached the milestone of 12 weeks and the baby is still alive was great faith to me. I am so thankful for my God.

No comments:

Coupons for sale can be found above

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails