Monday, July 19, 2010

Happy Birthday to a wonderful husband and a wonderful Pastor's wife!!!

So today is Joel's and my Pastor's wife's birthday. Joel is officially in his last year of 20's...lol and he feels old.

We celebrated their birthdays at the Rushings house. We BBQ'd up some steaks (btw...those were sooo good) and chicken. Sides were awesome...macaroni and cheese, asparagus, zucchini and squash. I've never been a fan of zucchini, but I thought I would give it a try....and I am soooo glad I did. It was yummy!

I made a special cake for the occasion too! I saw this other blog that made a Red Velvet Cheesecake Cake (thats a layer of red velvet cake, cheesecake, and then another layer of red velvet cake topped with the traditional cream cheese frosting) and decided to make it. It came out really yummy. Here are the recipes I used:

For the Cheesecake
For the Red Velvet Cake
For the cream cheese frosting

My changes for the cheesecake are: Minus the 2 extra egg yolks; add 1tbsp of vanilla. It turned out really yummy. I was very happy with the texture and taste.

As far as the Red Velvet cake, you might want to consider using a simple syrup to keep it moistened. I have noticed when I bake and split the cake, every time the bottom piece is always drier than the top. Weird I know.

And the cream cheese frosting is to die for.

Here's to another year older. Love you Joel and Sis. Rushing. I hope you had a fantastic day!

No comments:

Coupons for sale can be found above

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails