Wednesday, August 11, 2010

36.6 weeks-Carrying a baby melon to take a bath...or is it a shower?



This last weekend "Baby Jehoshaphat" had another shower. This was his main shower and 36 were in attendance. We were so blessed. He got lots of clothes and diapers! We even got some big items such as an exersaucer (from Nana Wendy) and a travel crib/play pen (from our good friends Siena and Bryan). I left feeling blessed and very grateful. He is definitely loved.

There are still quite a few items we still need to get (such as a stroller), but knowing that diapers and clothes are set for the next few months is such a big help! I am amazed how much stuff a little one needs though.

Special thanks:

Mollie P.-Your generosity was too much! Thank you so much for blessing us with a car seat, and a changing pad and cover. Words can't even express how grateful we are.

Lynette R.-Organizing the baby shower. I really appreciate your hard work. Also, thank you for making the cake so cute with the fondant blocks.

My Dad and Lynn-Opening up their house to host the shower and taking pictures. We had 36 in attendance, see the pictures above. Also, thank you for the beautiful rocking chair! It will be well used I am sure.

Mone't T.-For putting together the games (even though there wasn't enough time to get to them). I appreciate your hard work!

Carisa V.-For making the fondant blocks on the cake, and for your help with the shower.

Mary S., Rochelle R., and to anyone else, that helped make the shower a wonderful day.

Jasbir S.-For making it out to the baby shower. She lives about 30 minutes away. I was so glad that you were able to come! It was great seeing you again.

As I am typing this out, I realized he will be here in approx. 3 weeks! It's crazy how quickly this pregnancy has gone. I am so thankful that I have had such an easy time being pregnant, and that I really haven't gained a lot of weight. I am looking forward his birth too. I am curious to see which set of genes he has taken too, or if there is a healthy mix of both Joel and I in him. We'll soon see, in the meantime:

What's new this week?

How far along: 36.6 Weeks

Maternity clothes: Yes.

Total weight gain: 17 lbs.

Waist: This week my waist measures in at 46 1/4".

Belly Button: Still an innie, thank the Lord, but it's getting sorta flat looking.

Best moment this week: Firstly, a surprise visit from a friend with a very special and big gift; His baby shower; Putting away all his clothes; Bringing home my rocking chair (finally!); Getting the bedding set in the mail.

Food cravings: Something tasty, but I just don't know what it is! Nothing satisfies :(

Food aversions: Everything. Heartburn is almost over right?

Gender: He's still a boy! Check out the picture from our previous post.

Crazy Dreams: Had one that involved Joel, but can't remember it.

What I miss: He's still in my ribs, so I miss being comfortable while singing...and this week there is a lot of singing to be done! Poor me!

What I am looking forward to: Finishing setting up the nursery. It's never going to get done, at least that's how I feel.

Milestones: I think he might have dropped. I had two friends say that the belly looked lower. I will say that that last two nights of sleep have been great! We'll see what the Dr. says. I have my next appointment of Friday.


Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. He now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. He's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered his body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected his skin during his nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of his first bowel movement.

At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.) Most likely he's in a head-down position. But if he isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an "external cephalic version," which is a fancy way of saying she'll try to coax your baby into a head-down position by manipulating him from the outside of your belly.


Until next post,

No comments:

Coupons for sale can be found above

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails