Wednesday, August 25, 2010

38.6- A shallot and an onion met, fell in love, and created a "Leek"

Another week closer to the baby being here. This week he is measuring as long as a leek. We had a Doctor's appointment last Thursday, and we gained three pounds, so I am back up to 19 pounds total. The Fundus was measuring in at 37cm, so a gain of 1cm from last week.

Not much happened this week as far as baby wise. Oh, we did get the car seat ordered, and Monday we received it. I was so happy! Now we are set. This baby can come. I still need to get curtains, but that can wait. I am getting really excited. I'm not so miserable that I want him to come right now, but I am getting tired of my back hurting, and cant wait to have a normal appetite again....AND NO HEARTBURN!!!

Poor Sadie! I have been waiting for the last month for her to go into heat, and of course she decided to wait until the baby is almost here to go into heat. It's bad enough that she is going to feel rejected because we have the baby, let alone to be in heat. Hopefully it will be short one. Not likely though. She normally goes 4 weeks, and we are only in week 1 still.

Onto other events, we had some exciting news from a friend. Bryan and Kaleo got engaged on Sunday. We are so excited for them. They are two wonderful young people who love God, and will be a great married couple. It's about time you two got engaged!!! These two have been childhood sweethearts. Congratulations!



What's new this week?

How far along: 38.6 Weeks

Maternity clothes: Yes.

Total weight gain: 19 lbs.

Waist: This week my waist measures in at 45 1/2".

Belly Button: Flat, but part of it sticks out. Joel said that it looks like it's scarring. I told him it's probably just a stretch mark...lol. Who knew you could get stretch marks ON YOUR BELLY BUTTON!

Best moment this week: Getting the car seat on Monday and getting a new iPhone. I love the car seat. Thanks Mom!...and our new iPhones will be handy once we have the baby.

Food cravings: Super Burger. I got one on Friday, but it just wasn't that good. Oh well!

Food aversions: The smell of raw chicken and raw pork chops...I almost vomitted the other day when I was feeding Sadie her B.A.R.F. diet.

Gender: He's still a boy! Check out the picture from our previous post.

Crazy Dreams: None this week to report.

What I miss: This headache, backache and heartburn being gone! Oh and did I mention that my hands and feet itch like crazy!!! Birth should solve all these problems though.

What I am looking forward to: His arrival, but I am not in a rush for him to come.

Milestones: We got a crib mattress. Now we just need some curtains and a few decorations on the wall and it will be set up. I know, I know! I'm such a procrastinator. I just realized as of today, we have 8 days till our due date! AAAHHHHH!!!!! I will have a baby in my arms within the next two weeks. That is a crazy idea to wrap around still.

Your baby has really plumped up. He weighs about 6.8 pounds and he's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). He has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold his hand for the first time! His organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.

Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If he's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If he's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time he's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after he's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)



Until next post,


No comments:

Coupons for sale can be found above

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails