Tuesday, August 31, 2010

39.5 - Any day now we could drop this mini watermelon

So I decided to blog a day early because I don't know when this baby is going to come, and I want to make sure that I get week 39 in.

Last Wednesday we had a Dr. Appointment. She did not check for dilation (which I was glad), but we did get an ultrasound. Baby and fluid looked good, and she confirmed that he is still a boy...lol. His heartbeat was in the 130's, a little lower than it normally is, but she says that it's normal. Fundus was 36 1/2cm. Half cm smaller than last appointment. Not to worry, it's so close to my due date, and he's still moving around. My blood pressure was down too. Not that I have had high blood pressure, but it was noticeable enough that the nurse commented on it. It was 120/70. It's normally 130ish/70ish. I told her that was weird because I had a headache, so I would assume that the blood pressure was higher with a headache. I wasn't complaining though. ;)

This week has been uneventful. I had a few contractions yesterday and today, but nothing lasting, or painful. I guess my body is warming up. :) Hoping to get past today without having the baby....anytime after today is good for us. Joel is working late today, and it's sorta an important training day. I mean he'll leave from work if things get serious, but we'd rather Baby Jehoshaphat comes after today.

Don't forget to check out our baby game at expectnet.
You will want to enter the game name: babywilloughby.
Although it's too late to pick the gender, you can still guess how much he will weigh, and when he will be born.


What's new this week?

How far along: 39.5 Weeks

Maternity clothes: Yes.

Total weight gain: 19 lbs. Didn't gain any weight at the last appointment.

Waist: This week my waist measures in at 45". Every week it seems to be getting smaller. Does that mean he is dropping? We'll see!

Belly Button: Flat, but part of it sticks out. Joel keeps making fun of it. He asked me the other day what's wrong with my belly button....He said it looked bruised. I told him once again that it was probably just a stretch mark.

Best moment this week: Hearing his heartbeat once again. Joel hanging the curtain rod for me.

Food cravings: Today I wanted twice baked potatoes....and they are so good!

Food aversions: None.

Gender: He's still a boy! Check out the picture from our previous post.

Crazy Dreams: None this week to report. Well, I had one or two, but I didn't write them down again.

What I miss: Nothing. This has been a good week for me.

What I am looking forward to: His arrival.

Milestones: Got the curtains set up. Crib bedding will be washed today as well. The room will be ready minus some pictures. Those will have to go up after he is born. Two days! Yikes! He could come tonight if he wanted. I'm grateful for an easy pregnancy without complications. Let's just hope that labor will be the same.


Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.



Until next post,


1 comment:

Jennifer Connell said...

Whoo hoo! Hopefully he'll come soon to surprise you...hehe! Can't wait to see pics when he's born!

Coupons for sale can be found above

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails