Sunday, August 29, 2010

Let God unfold the rose....



A young, new preacher was walking with an older, more seasoned preacher in the garden one day. Feeling a bit insecure about what God had for him to do, he was asking the older preacher for some advice. The older preacher walked up to a rosebush and handed the young preacher a rosebud and told him to open it without tearing off any petals.

The young preacher looked in disbelief at the older preacher and was trying to figure out what a rosebud could possibly have to do with his wanting to know the will of God for his life and ministry. But because of his great respect for the older preacher, he proceeded to try to unfold the rose, while keeping every petal intact. It wasn't long before he realized how impossible this was to do.

Noticing the younger preacher's inability to unfold the rosebud without tearing it, the older preacher began to recite the following poem...

It's only a tiny rosebud
This flower of God's design;
But I cannot unfold it's petals
With these clumsy hands of mine
The secret of unfolding flowers
Is not known to such as I
This flower God opens so sweetly,
Would in my hands fade and die.
If I cannot unfold a rosebud,
This flower of God's design,
How can I think I have wisdom
To unfold this life of mine?
So I'll trust in Him for His leading
Each moment of every day
I will look to Him for His guidance
Each step of the pilgrim way.
The pathway that lies before me,
My Heavenly Father knows.
I'll trust Him to unfold the moments
Just as He unfolds the rose.
(author unknown)


So I ask you today? Are you trying to unfold the rose of your life? or will you allow God to unfold it for you in His time?

Sometimes it's so hard to wait on the Lord, to put my trust in His hands. But I know, that I cannot open this rose of life the way God wants, and so everyday I look to see what petals have been opened. Everyday learning to trust more that He will provide what we need.

I don't ever want to forget that God knows best....and when I don't see a way out of my situation, God does. He has never failed me.

What really got me thinking on this subject; yesterday I was looking at our budget, and I just couldn't see how we could make it. I was getting upset, and then God steps in and gives us another blessing. I still needed a breast pump (which obviously is a more expensive item) but couldn't afford it. So I went searching last week for a used one (with a closed circuit for sanitary reasons) and found someone who was selling her's for $25.00. I inquired, but forgot to get back to her. So she sent me an email that said she would just give it to me if I was still interested...and so yesterday I picked up the pump (that normally cost about $150.00 new) for free. There are benefits to being a child of the Most High! So now all I need to do is buy some new tubing parts (which will cost about $30.00) and it will be like brand new!

Thank you Jesus for providing yet another blessing!

No comments:

Coupons for sale can be found above

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails