Friday, May 7, 2010

23 weeks and 1 day - The Mango Tango


I know it seems like every week, I am saying the same thing over, but I can't get over how quickly this pregnancy is going by. I mean, it seems just like yesterday that we announced to the church we were expecting a little one.

The last week has been an emotional one for me. A really good friends dad went on to be with the Lord, and I sold my car. But as sad as the situation was, it was also a joyous occasion.

Last Saturday, Cesar Virtucio, received the Holy Ghost (in accordance with Acts 2:38) as...yes that's right, as he was passing. All that were there in attendance of the passing, said it was a miracle. He was previously baptized in the wonderful name of Jesus (Sometime in February of this year), and seeking the Holy Ghost. Looking back, I realized how precious life really is. That same day he passed I was just in awe of how much the baby was moving, and how life was growing within my belly. How the Lord gives and takes away, but still "Blessed be the name of the Lord". He knows the plans He has for our life, and though things happen and we don't understand why, He has it all under control.

With that in mind, we were struggling financially to make ends meet, and so the decision was made to sell my car to help relieve some of the pressure. Not that I don't need my car, I do, but at the same time, there are plenty of families who get by with only one vehicle. It just means that I have to plan my days/time better if I want to go out. So we put my car up on Craigslist, and I refreshed it a couple of days later, and not more than two hours goes by, and I get a call. They came by last Thursday, liked the car, made an offer, and then I proceeded to see if they bank would settle the debt for less than the amount owed (I was upside down, so there was no way I would sell the car for what I owed). So this last Tuesday, the bank accepted the offer, and Wednesday, we went down to the bank to pay the debt off, and register it in their name. It was very emotional for me, because I was worried they would back out, or there was going to be some problem, or it wouldn't pass smog, but though there were a few hangup, they now have the vehicle, and I only need to have the the lien removed, and sign off on the title when it comes. TO GOD BE THE GLORY.

If you can, please keep our family in prayer, our financial struggles are not over yet. I desperately need a job, but at this late into pregnancy, I am not sure I will be able to find work. So if you could pray that my husband gets a better job, as things are tough for him there with all the changes they are making, we would really appreciate it. As I stated before, God knows the plans He has for our life, and so it is with a humble servant's willing heart, that I want to be found. We want to be where God wants us. I know sometimes my faith falls short, but He is there in my times of weakness.


What's new this week?

How far along: 23.1 Weeks

Maternity clothes: Still in my regular clothes, but I do wear maternity, when I feel that my clothes are a little too tight. I had yet another friend tell me I look great, and don't look pregnant at all.

Total weight gain: 6 pounds. I was so excited when I went into the Dr.'s office, and I weighted in at 171. My starting weight was 165, and so considering I was 5 months along when weighed, that's pretty good!!!

Belly Button: Still an innie, although it looks like it got deeper. It might just be that it has spread/gotten bigger.

Best moment this week: Feeling the baby move around daily. I noticed in church he responds to the preaching/music. He is really active during those times.

Food cravings: Watermelon

Food aversions: None.

Gender: It's a boy! Check out the picture from our previous post.

Crazy Dreams: Ok, so last week I dreamed my stomach was as hairy as a dog. It was really gross.

What I miss: My energy...I feel zapped at the end of the day.

What I am looking forward to: Setting up the nursery, and buying a stroller.

Milestones: Baby is moving/Tangoing daily, about 11 inches in length, and approx. weighs 1 pound. You can visibly see movements on the outside now. Joel got to feel the baby move again the other day. I find it's so special to share that with him.



Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With his sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that he's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see him squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in his lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing his for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze him when he hears them outside the womb.

No comments:

Coupons for sale can be found above

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails