Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ugh! The Glucose test!


Yesterday I took my Glucose test. I about nearly threw up when I drank it though.

Word of advice. Do you prefer your beverages cold, or room temperature? Trust me it makes a difference. I prefer my beverages room temperature. Hence, me almost throwing it up.

Yesterday I got up, ate my breakfast, waited two hours, and cracked open the bottle of "oh so yummy sweeeeeet, acidic, and flat lemon lime flavored" glucose drink. My nurse told me it was best to drink it cold, and so I heeded her advice.

Silly me! If I had been thinking about it, I would have drank it room temperate like I always drink my bottled waters. The first sip made me gag, and almost throw up. It was so much worse because it was cold. I even tried to heat it up a bit, but since I was supposed to drink it within 5 min, it didn't leave me a lot of time to "un-cold" it and drink it gone. I wish you could have seen me, you would have been laughing! I had to plug my nose AND drink it though a straw.

If drinking a nasty beverage that makes you want to throw up isnt't bad enough, they also have to draw blood from you. Not just a poke of the finger, but an actual blood draw. :(

I hate having my blood drawn...It always hurts after. Though it didn't burn as long as it normally does, because I asked for a butterfly needle, it still did burn..........and I have an ugly bruise to look at too. Poor me!

I am still awaiting the results. I am praying that I do not fail and have to go back for a 3 hour test. That would be a nightmare because I would have to drink it, and get poked three times.


Until next time,

No comments:

Coupons for sale can be found above

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails