Tuesday, May 18, 2010

24 weeks and 5 days

Would you consider this a baby bump? or just baby chubbies? I still think it looks like baby chubbies (see previous post for reference)

Monday night I threw Joel under the bus at dinner with a group of people from our church. It was actually quite funny though. The ladies were asking if Joel talks to the baby, to which I replied "No! He thinks it's silly!", and of course all the ladies told him that he should be talking to the baby. Well last night, he started talking to the baby. Made my heart soar, knowing that he cares.

I'm getting excited. The other day, I was in the store with Joel, and there was a baby girl in front of us. I just wanted to kiss her nose. I can't wait till I can do so to our baby boy! I know I have 4 more months to go, but if it goes as fast as the past few have been, Baby W will be here in no time.

I have decided to go with a vintage inspired nursery. I am currently looking for the following:

Vintage Baby scale, old wooden pull duck, vintage suitcase and hangers, leather button up shoes, glass bottle from 1920's or so, phonograph, old rocking horse, and whatever else I can think of.

The good thing is there are a lot of antique shops that I can look for these items in. I am currently bidding on a few on eBay, but with eBay, you never know if you are going to get the item, unless you are willing to pay a fortune, to which I do not have.

Joel and I went stroller shopping last week, and we found one that we really like. Since, we have not bought any big ticket items (crib, dresser, swing, etc) we have decided to splurge on a stroller. We are thinking about purchasing the UPPAbaby Vista Stroller:



Although it is expensive, this stroller has the option for becoming a double and triple stroller, and so we will not have to buy another stroller when we decide to expand out family. I also have another stroller in mind, if we cannot afford the UPPAbaby (with the help of family). I also like the Bumbleride Flyer. This one is a little more reasonably priced to which we can afford.



One other thing I have been thinking about, is birthing classes. I would really like to take "The Bradley Method" classes. I want to go natural, and the Bradley Method classes teach relaxation tips to help speed up labor. Maybe that's why I had that crazy dream (see below). The bad part is the class is $350.00. I don't know if I can afford to take the class though, so I am reading his book called Husband Coached Childbirth. I plan on contacting an instructor in the next week to see if they possibly take payments.



In the meantime:

What's new this week?

How far along: 24.5 Weeks

Maternity clothes: Transitioning to maternity clothes. I still wear regular clothes, and maternity is still too big. Maybe next week we will better fit into maternity...lol.

Total weight gain: As of last Dr. appt., 6 lbs, but tomorrow I will have a new weigh in. Look for tomorrows post for an accurate account.

Belly Button: An innie, but it looks like in another month it might pop out...yikes! That's gross. I think I will have to put a bandaide over it if that happens.

Best moment this week: Watching the baby move around the belly.

Food cravings: Sweets, I hope I do not have gestational diabetes.

Food aversions: Spicy food, because it give me heartburn. BOO HOO! I love mexican, and that seems to be the worst.

Gender: It's a boy! Check out the picture from our previous post.

Crazy Dreams: I had a dream that I delivered the baby at 6 months. In the dream, my labor was only three hours, and since I thought it takes forever, I never went to the hospital, and Joel had to deliver the baby at home. The funny thing was the ambulance came, but they said that the baby was fine, and that he did not have to go to the hospital. Crazy I know!

What I miss: My energy...I feel zapped at the end of the day.

What I am looking forward to: I finally decided on how I would like to decorate the nursery...drum roll...........Vintage inspired, (ie, toys, leather button shoes, old rattles, wooden pull duck, phonograph, etc...), and so now comes the fun part of getting it all together. Also, if I can, I would like to take "The Bradley Method" birthing classes. I am going to try and contact a teacher this week.

Milestones: The baby is moving all throughout the day. He is almost a foot long, and likes the right side of the belly.


Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

Until next week,

No comments:

Coupons for sale can be found above

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails