Wednesday, June 9, 2010

27.6 weeks - Calling my lovely cauliflower by name

*********ATTENTION...sort of a long post**********

Joel and I decided on a name for the baby quite some time ago. Well actually it was on our list from the last pregnancy, but since the baby did not come to full term, or grow enough to know if it was a boy or girl, we decided to keep the name as an option. And so when we found out this baby was a boy, we already knew what we were going to name him, (hehe...we are just keeping it a secret until he is born).

It's so hard sometimes not to tell people. Funny thing is Joel tells people we are naming him Jehoshaphat, and we usually get a laugh from people (No seriously, we are not naming the baby that). Once Joel slipped and called him by his real name in front of people, thankfully they were all talking and no one heard. But in the morning I try and make a ritual of saying "Good Morning _____" to the baby. Sometimes he responds, and other time he does not. Like this morning....I thought my stomach was going to explode he was moving around so much! It was crazy. He must have had the hiccups because sometimes it was a steady rhythm of movement.

Thursday I am officially entering my third trimester and will be 7 months along (28 weeks). Crazy that I am nearing the end already. I think posting a weekly blog helps make the time go by faster....lol. I still have lots of work on the nursery to do, BUT I bought two toys for the nursery this week, wanna see?

Ist't that duck just so cute?....He's not authentic vintage, but a reproduction, but I still like him none-the-less, and I love my apple!

What's new this week?

How far along: 27.6 Weeks

Maternity clothes: yep!

Total weight gain: 7 lbs. Had to be weighed the other day, and I gained one more pound. Whoo hoo!

Belly Button: Still an innie, but I dunno for how much longer. :o/

Best moment this week: Feeling the baby move, and realizing I only have 12 more weeks until the baby is here.

Food cravings: None this week.

Food aversions: None this week.

Gender: It's a boy! Check out the picture from our previous post.

Crazy Dreams: Had two this week that I can remember, well one that turned into two. One was of me skydiving from a cliff, and falling into a sink hole, and then when I fell into the sink hole, I fell into a river, and there were things or people trying to pull me under. I'm glad it was just a dream.

What I miss: Being able to get up out of bed without pain. I think I might have something called SPD (Symphysis pubis dysfunction). Let's just say it hurts to lift my legs, turn in bed, etc...you can read up on it here.

What I am looking forward to: Getting rid of things, and rearranging furniture.

Milestones: Heartburn is officially here almost everyday. He's weighing in around 2 pounds now! Movements are much more jerky and can be visually seen. I have a family shower set on June 26th, and a friends and family shower for August 7th.


This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with his legs extended. He's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and perhaps even sucking his fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While his lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if he were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother him, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.


Until next week,

1 comment:

Jennifer Connell said...

Can't wait till baby "Jehoshaphat" is born. LOL You will have to post lots of pics for those of us who don't see you all very often! I like how you update on your pregnancy, it's neat! God Bless!

Jen

Coupons for sale can be found above

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails