Thursday, June 17, 2010

Double portion blessing!


God is so good! Yesterday we got a double portion blessing almost at the same time. I went to the mail, opened it, and then got a phone call. Here are the details.

1. Firstly, I was laid off from my job back in December. At that time I applied for Unemployment, but since I only worked for last two months out of the year it was not counted. Well, I had a independent contractor position for 4 months last year as well, but that does not pay into unemployment, so I had no wages that I could benefit from with that job. So needless to say, I had no wages to benefit from at all. Confusing I know! So the other day, I decided to try and apply for unemployment again, because this time my wages from working those two months would be included. Praise God! I qualified. So for the next 13 weeks or so, I will be getting a small check. It's not much, but it will help.

2. Second, after I opened the mail and saw I had been awarded unemployment, I got a phone call from our tax guy. A couple of weeks ago, I had received a corrected 1099 form from Joel's work for a settlement that he received. Because of the settlement, we ended up owing the IRS over $1,500.00. Talk about devastation when we found out. So when I got the corrected form I called to let him know, and yesterday he called me back to let me know that with the corrected form it dropped our taxes owed by 2/3!!!!! Praise God! Now we won't be owing taxes to the IRS for 100 years....lol

God is good and always on time, and just when I did not see a way out of our situation, God is working it out. It pays to pay your tithes and offerings. Even when you can't afford to pay them...do it! This is a testimony to God's many blessings!

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Until next post,

No comments:

Coupons for sale can be found above

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails