Wednesday, June 16, 2010

28.6 Weeks- My ever growing cabbage patch



Do you remember those? I do! I had a whole collection of them. I even have one of my nieces dolls here and ready when she comes over to play with. Speaking of cabbage patch dolls, my little cabbage patch is growing. This week I found my first two signs of mommy-hood on my belly. Yep! Two tiny stretch marks...smaller than a dime in length. They are not that dark, so hopefully the will fade soon (they already look lighter).

This week has been eventful for me. FINALLY, we moved the office out of the nursery, and downstairs. I still have my filing cabinet to put in the garage, and hopefully next week I can move my dresser into the nursery.

I mentioned in my last blog that I have two baby showers scheduled. The first is for June 26th. My mom is throwing that one for family on her side. The other is scheduled for August 7th, and that one will be for the many friends and other family members we have.

So this week I added a new category for the "What's new this week" part of the blog. I have decided to start measuring the waist. Please don't be too harsh, I was a little chunky prior to being pregnant, and so therefore my waist like was bigger. With that said, it should be easier now to see how much Baby W has grown.


What's new this week?

How far along: 28.6 Weeks

Maternity clothes: Yes.

Total weight gain: 7 lbs.

Waist: This week my waist measures (now don't criticize me, cause I was chunky before pregnancy) in at 41 3/4".

Belly Button: Still an innie, thank the Lord!

Best moment this week: Moving the office out of the nursery. I still have some things to move out, but I can't get to it until next week. I also plan on cleaning it next week. Finding out a good friend is also having a boy. Yay! for Rachel and Ryan S.

Food cravings: Watermelon and chocolate, but not together.

Food aversions: It's not really a food aversion, but more like un-satisfaction. It never fails that I can made dinner, and never want to eat it, and then half an hour later, I am starving!

Gender: It's a boy! Check out the picture from our previous post.

Crazy Dreams: None this week.

What I miss: Not having a headache. For the past week, I have had off and on headaches, and my lower back has been hurting.

What I am looking forward to: Continuing to set up the nursery. Next week I should have some things set up. My dad is still planning on painting the crib, I just have to get it to him.

Milestones: Got my first two stretch marks on the belly. :( Baby must be putting on weight, as he is over 2 1/4 lbs now. Having people feel the baby move.



By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels. He can blink his eyes, which now sport lashes. With his eyesight developing, he may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. He's also developing billions of neurons in his brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

Until next week,

No comments:

Coupons for sale can be found above

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails