Wednesday, June 30, 2010

30.6 weeks- A baby's shower



Saturday Baby Willoughby had his first baby shower. Here are a few pictures from my cousins camera. I would have had pics on my camera, but sadly, before the shower I stopped by the thrift store to donate some boxes, and low and behold, my camera by accident made it into the box and was donated. We are still hoping to get it back.

Thank you so much Mom for throwing Baby Willoughby the shower. I had a wonderful time, the food was excellent, and it was great to see family that I haven't seen in a long time. You are the best mom! I wouldn't trade you for anyone. I love you!


Also special thanks to:
Grandma Stella-for letting us use her house/backyard to host the shower
Mone't and Mom Wendy-for coming with me all the way out to French Camp for the shower.
Alex, Cami, and Mya-for your help and the beautiful cake!
And to all who gave gifts to Baby Willoughby.

He got so many cute outfits and DIAPERS!!! My M-I-L made him some handmade gowns, and would you believe it, she found Joel's old baby blanket, and gave it to the baby. I am so excited. It's perfect for the vintage nursery theme we are using. I'll post a picture of it as soon as I can borrow a camera (or we get ours back). :(

Last Wednesday I had a doctors appointment. Baby's heartbeat was 150. Fundus grew 6cm. She also did an ultrasound (no pic) to check on the position of the baby. He is already in head down position facing my back. Great news! That means he is not breech, or facing the wrong way. I was glad to hear that. From now on (until the last month) we are going to visit our doctor every two weeks. It's crazy! I mean we only have 9 weeks left....it's flying. But enough about that, on to the baby stats:


What's new this week?

How far along: 30.6 Weeks

Maternity clothes: Yes.

Total weight gain: 8 1/2 lbs.

Waist: This week my waist measures in at 43 1/4".

Belly Button: Still an innie, thank the Lord!

Best moment this week: Getting the perfect baby mobile, and my mom throwing the baby a shower. We got some really cute clothes. Finding out another friend is pregnant. So happy for Shyra and Omar!

Food cravings: WATER! My-lanta (speaking of, I need to go get some tums) I can't get enough water. I am probably drinking about a gallon or so a day....okay maybe half a gallon is more accurate. Seriously though!

Food aversions: None.

Gender: It's a boy! Check out the picture from our previous post.

Crazy Dreams: Had a bad dream this week, but I won't post it. I had to wake Joel up in the middle of the night to pray. It was scary!

What I miss: Not having a headache. For the past couple of days, I've had a headache. Boo!

What I am looking forward to: Painting the nursery (same color, just refreshing the walls), finishing with the decorations, and the baby shower on August 7th.

Milestones: Baby is moving a lot. Hitting the "every two weeks" doctor's appointment. It's crazy!



Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and he weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means he can only make out objects a few inches from his face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

Until next post,

No comments:

Coupons for sale can be found above

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails